Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 whole wheat english muffin, toasted
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1 slice reduced-fat cheese, divided in two.
- 1 turkey sausage patty, cooked
- cooking spray
- Spray a small pan with Pam (as needed) and warm over medium-low heat.
- Combine egg whites and egg into a bowl and scramble.
- Pour eggs into pan and with a heat-resistant rubber spatula, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the still liquid egg to flow in underneath. Repeat with the other edges, until there’s no liquid left.
- Gently flip the egg pancake over, using your spatula if necessary.
- Add half of the cheese to one half of the egg pancake.
- Gently fold the egg pancake in half.
- Add turkey sausage and remaining cheese to bottom half of the egg pancake.
- Gently fold the egg pancake in half again.
- Cook for one to two minutes.
- Place inside english muffin.
Serving size: 1 Egg McMuffin
Fat: 12.8 grams
Carbohydrates: 23.5 grams
Sugar: 1 gram
Protein: 28.2 grams
Nutritional data is based on the following brands:
Thomas' 100% Whole Wheat Hearty Muffins
Kraft Big Slice 2% milk Reduced Fat Sharp Cheese
Owen's Sensibly Delicious Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Patties
Nutritional data is approximate.
Ok, ok... I'll admit it. I've been known, on occasion, to stop by McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin (it's actually one of my recommended fast-food breakfast foods). This protein-packed meal is a perfect start to a busy day. With a total prep/cook time of less than 10 minutes, our version is not only a quick and easy breakfast, but with almost 30 grams of protein, it will keep you satisfied until lunch!