Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing
Swapping out greek yogurt helps make this a healthier version of it's high fat cousin.
- 1/2 cup Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup smokey bleu cheese, crumbled (regular will work)
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 3 shakes of worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- May be eaten immediately or chilled to bring out additional flavors.
Serving size: 1 tablespoon
Fat: 1.6 grams
Carbohydrates: .66 grams
Protein: 2.2 grams
Nutritional data is approximate.
Last weekend the Hubs and kids went to Dallas leaving me to fend for myself. Friday my mom and I grabbed lunner (lunch and dinner). We were both really hungry so we opted for a wedge salad. Because I don't eat bacon, the restaurant threw on some walnuts instead. It was delicious! It was also, really, really high fat/calorie. So I started thinking back to what made a good dressing base. I knew greek yogurt would work but that wasn't enough. So, I took to the web and found a good recipe at Food Network. I swapped out yogurt for greek yogurt, dropped the amount of mayo and added a few more spices and what I came up with was a smokey bleu cheese dressing. With only 1 gram of fat per serving, this is a much healthier option for bleu cheese dressing lovers. I hope you enjoy it!