- 1 1/2 cups kale, washed and chopped, with ribs and stalks removed
- 12 large mushrooms, washed and with stems removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place olive oil, minced garlic cloves and onions in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place remaining oil, water and chopped kale in a separate skillet and cook until kale is slightly wilted. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese to garlic/onion mixture and cook over low heat (if your pan is too hot, the cream cheese will burn).
- Once the cream cheese has melted completely, add kale and mix well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Scoop even amounts of mixture into each mushroom and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon bread crumbs on top of each mushroom.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
Serving size: 1 stuffed mushroom
Fat: 3.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 2.4 grams
Protein: 2.1 grams
Place in an airtight container and store in refrigerator. Warm-up in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Nutritional data is approximate.
Do you ever just absolutely crave something? Of course you do! Normally when a craving hits it's for something sweet, but with all of the baking I've been doing the last few weeks, my cravings have shifted to the savory. The problem is, I was craving savory mushrooms. Hmmm... with that in mind I hit the fridge and pantry to see what I could combine to conquer my craving. What I came up with were these yummy, kale-stuffed mushrooms. Normally I would use low-fat cream cheese but all I had on had was the full-fat version. And I'm so glad that I did! The full-fat cream cheese gives the stuffed mushrooms a creaminess that low-fat cream cheese just can't match.