Make You Wanna Cry Veggie Sandwich
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 8 mins
- 2 slices multi grain bread (I like Ezekiel bread for these types of sandwiches)
- 1/8 cup shredded Emmenthaler cheese
- 10 or more thin slices of cucumber
- 4 thin slices of onion (more or less to suit your tastes)
- 1/4 small avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Maille Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Top each slice of the multi-grain bread with cucumber, onions and cheese.
- Toast for about two to three minutes in the toaster oven or in a broiler.
- Top sandwich with sliced avocado.
- In a small bowl, mix Maille and honey.
- Drizzle honey dijon dressing on top of the sandwich slices.
Serving size: 1 sandwich
Fat: 14 grams
Carbohydrates: 32 grams
Protein: 17 grams
I topped my sandwich with fresh basil leaves. It gave it a bit of depth but isn't a necessary part of the recipe.
50% of the fat in this recipe comes from avocado. If you are watching your fat intake, omitting the avocado will result in a calorie reduction of 69 calories and 7 grams of fat.
Nutritional data is approximate.
While I was putting together my newest veggie sandwich I was thinking to myself "what should I call this?" By the end of the lunch, as tears were running down my cheek, the answer came to me - Make You Wanna Cry Veggie Sandwich. The dressing I used is a delicious honey dijon. The base is Maille Dijon Mustard. For anyone who likes dijon mustard, you know that Maille is not for the weak of heart. And actually, whenever I have sinus problems, I eat a teaspoon of Maille and I am better instantly. Yep... that good (and strong). Of course if you prefer your dijon a little on the softer size, feel free to swap out the Maille for your favorite dijon.