Reese's In A Cup
(After Burner Recovery Smoothie)
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 1 medium green apple, cored
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 cup 1% chocolate milk
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- Place apple and water in blender and mix until pureed (make sure you blend really well or your smoothie will be gritty).
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Add ice, as needed, to thicken smoothie to your desired consistency (I don't like thick smoothies so I usually just add a few cubes).
Serving size: 1/2 serving
Fat: 5.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 30.5 grams
Protein: 17.5 grams
Nutritional data is approximate.
One of my favorite things about training is drinking this smoothie afterwards. I know... kind of lame, but it is so good that it feels like it's a treat. It's incredibly easy to make and is packed full of muscle-repairing protein, heart healthy fat and recovery carbs. One batch makes enough for me and my kids (or you could split the recipe and put half in the freezer for after tomorrow's workout). But the best part? It tastes like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup... in a glass (drool...).