Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 hours
Total time: 5 hours 10 mins
- 1.25 pounds lean (93/7) ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (11 oz) can yellow corn
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney bean, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 package McCormick Chili Seasoning (I use mild when the kids are eating and spicy when it's just the adults)
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place olive oil, minced garlic cloves and onions in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
- Top with your favorite reduced fat shredded cheese.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fat: 5.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Protein: 16 grams
Nutritional data is approximate.
There is nothing better on a chilly, rainy September day than a big bowl of chili. Chocked full of fall colors and southwest flavors, this easy crock pot chili is guaranteed to warm the body (and soul).