Tarragon Chicken Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, chopped (pre-cooked rotisserie chicken is perfect)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat olive oil mayo
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, chopped
- 4 chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I chose walnut because they are higher in protein)
- Combine all ingredients (except the chicken) into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- All chicken and toss until well covered.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Fat: 4.8 grams
Carbohydrates: 2.8 grams
Protein: 10 grams
Nutritional data is approximate.
Ever have a craving come out of nowhere? For some reason, that was me and chicken salad. Normally I just throw some mayo, dill and whatever else moves me into a bowl and call it a day. Today I decided to venture outside of my chicken salad comfort zone. Actually, that's not true. It was more like I was forced outside of my comfort zone. Truth is, I went to grab my dill and it was nowhere to be found. I had just used it yesterday for my smoked salmon and now it's gone. Ugh!!! So I took to the pantry in search of a replacement and found tarragon. What a lucky thing for me! I threw the tarragon into my usual mix and what I ended up with what a yummy twist on my normal chicken salad.