Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- One medium potato
- 1/8 cup of cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Any other toppings you prefer. I've used greek yogurt, chives, turkey bacon and chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- After washing the potato, pierce several times with a fork.
- Place the potato directly on the oven rack and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the potato from the oven and slice in half.
- Scoop the potato out of the skin and place into a bowl.
- Mash the potato with a fork until all clumps are gone.
- Add milk, butter, cheese, salt and pepper and any other toppings to the potato and mix well.
- Scoop mixture back into the potato skins.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on for 2 to 3 minutes to give the potato a nice crispy top.
There are a few things I've been making for as long as I can remember. One of those things is a twice-baked potato. They were a staple growing up and easy as pie to make. Imagine my surprise when a friend told me she didn't know how to make them. What??? I guess I just assumed it was one of those things everyone knows how to make, but I guess not. So, for those of you who have never attempted to make a twice-baked potato, get ready for your new favorite side.