Swapping the bacon with walnuts lends a healthy twist on the typical wedge salad.
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (I actually used romaine because I prefer the taste of romaine to iceberg)
- 1 tablespoon Healthy Smokey Bleu (Blue) Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 walnut halves, crumbled
- Pepper, to taste
- Top lettuce with all ingredients.
Serving size: 1 salad
Fat: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Keep in mind that almost all of the fat (except for 3 grams) comes from the walnuts.
Nutritional value is approximate.
I love wedge salad. What I don't love is the fat/calories and the bacon (I don't eat pork). While eating with my mom last weekend I ordered a wedge salad without bacon. To my surprise, the chef swapped out walnuts for the bacon. It was so good that I knew I had to recreate a healthier version of the meal. I used romaine instead of an iceberg wedge because I prefer the taste of romaine, but it was as delicious as expected.