Updated: The Arches Are Up!

  I'm excited to post that the arches in the entryway are up and finished!!!! Confession: I would not wish trimming arches on my worst enemy. It is a tedious process and one little cut and you are done.

I had the arches fabricated by a local trim guy so they would be done right. The first time I ordered them I entered the measurement in wrong (doh!) so I used those for the practice run. I measured, cut, measured, cut and measured and cut. After two days of driving myself crazy with levels and tape measures I finally got them up.

Leveling the arch window trim

I probably put them up and took them down a hundred times. The biggest problem is that since our house is an "upside-down house" (split level) there is no way to really look at the windows dead on. I could only check one of them for center. The rest I had to eyeball (which is where my OCD comes in handy).

I spent another day sanding and priming (all of those times putting them up and taking them down left lots of holes). After about a solid week of work, the arches were finally up. Here's the final product:

Arch Window Trim
Arch Window Trim
Arch Window Trim
Arch Window Trim
Arch Window Trim
Arch Window Trim

Just to refresh your memory...

Before:

Freshly painted entry before

During:

Trimmed windows, door and baseboards

After:

Arch windows over door after
Arch windows over door after

I'm pretty happy with the results! I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with the door yet but for now I'm good! Now that this project is finished I can move on to my next one. Here's a peek...

A Peek Inside My Newest Project - Custom Closet
A Peek Inside My Newest Project - Custom Closet